Hiatus.

Had taken this picture weeks back. I loved the patterns in this picture. How it breaks from top to bottom. And the sleeping dog is in the middle. This has been my personal favorite since I clicked this. I love this picture. The perfect composition according to me. I can relate it to how sleep can destruct or construct human thoughts. Or thoughts of any being. From top to bottom here, it destructs, see the organised symbols on the door, and the brick pieces on the bottom. If looked at the other way, from bottom to top, it's constructive. Another way to look at this, is that life is full of construction and destruction. And sleep lies in between. A window through which we often seek entry to the other side. A channel. That helps me. When I'm sad I sleep. It helps me. When I'm happy, I do a lot of things and then  sleep, tired. And then I feel bad about sleeping so much. Comes destruction. And sleep again. The cycle continues.

I wanted this in BW because it best portraits the shapes and patterns. Color becomes a distraction here. Plus, dreams (state when we sleep) is said to occur in BW.

So, that. :) Hope you liked it. Feedback please. :)


Comments

  1. hey man. This is a nice click. I like the composition. I wish you had just given a good title to the image the lead to the thought process of what you described and not explained everything. It's good nonetheless.

    Proof read for spelling error xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First, thank you for liking the composition, Dhiraj. I'm glad. :)

      And, about the title. I know you want me to be subtle. Many do. But I am not satisfied with subtlety. I want to explain every thought (however much I can remember) that passed my mind when I looked at the frame in discussion. Tai, I can't be subtle. unless I want to be, in certain cases. Like I'm planning a photo manip whose title will be subtle and i'll keep it that way. For open interpretation. Because that'd satisfy me. And i think would make the artwork more effective. :)

      Thanks again. And again for pointing out the spelling error. Didn't pass this through a spell check. Shall, right away! Take care. :)

      Delete
  2. Your thought process is wildly amusing. I had no idea why this would be your favourite. Then you explained. Then, I GOT it! Brilliant. :D :*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was motivational. Thank you, Suri. :)

      This shall forever remain a favorite. I got one more favorite today. There's nothing better than being able to love your own art! :D

      Delete
  3. I like the composition after reading your explanation (this statement rhymes! :D) but what does the title mean. I dont know, sorry :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. That is there. Many might call the frame cluttered. Unless you know the idea. :)

      Hiatus means a break in a certain pattern. And why be sorry because you don't know? You are not supposed to know everything. So you should ask. And don't ever feel sorry about asking. Aakhir puchney mein kya jata hain? :D

      I hope the title is clear to you now?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts