Experiences.


So, in life we all have a lot of experiences. That is the base of this idea. Through colors I tried to represent those. I replaced my head with a piece of cloth. On which I splattered colors. Experiences. Now why I used cloth was because colors diffuse and merge on cloth. Like experiences. Many merge and coalesce to make us. Make our identities. Make our ideas. We are all judges in life. And the performances we see/do are our experiences. Experiences, like memories are many a times filled with gaps. Times when we experience nothing. Now, from a broader angle, you know, even those are experiences, you know, in a more general way. Hence the certain blank spaces between the colors represent them. The piece of cloth, if you observe closely, stretches beyond the frame. That is because, you know, I am at a certain intermediate stage of life. Much is still left to be experienced. And I don't know till when. Because I don't know when I'd cease to exist. So the cloth is here endless, rather, you know, the end is not shown, 'coz it's not known.

As a secondary artwork related to this, I made this:



It is basically a detergent powder packet which I struck off with a cross. Kyunki daag acche hain. Because, experiences, I represented them as colors. And I believe experiences should never be removed from one's memory. Because in some way or the other they are bound to help us, bound to build us. And colors from cloth is normally removed using detergent powders. so I kinda showed that in this context detergent powders are banned.

Hope you like it. Feedbacks are appreciated. :)

Comments

  1. When I first saw, for a second the colors seemed to take a bird shape (red beak and body... brownish and yellow ocher wings) and I thought you were trying to represent the mind's creativity and its necessity to fly free.

    P.S This is one of the best photo manipulation you have ever crated.
    And the second one is really witty ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I tried to bring in a triangle. Porey amaro oi divergent effect-ta dekhey bird's wings mathay esechilo. In a way, that is definitely one reading of this image. Experiences are related to the mind's creativity in many ways, in fact all the ways.

      P.S. I love you for having called it so. Thank you so so much. :) Thanks again for the second one. :D

      Delete
  2. Cool stuff there!
    Keep the momentum going :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall definitely. This keeps me going. I have to keep it going. ;)

      And, is this Nikunj madhogaria I'm talking to?

      Delete
  3. ohh...i thought you are on acid

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts