Colorman.

Was around 7pm. On my way back home from esplanade, I took a tram. (I always do. Most of my sketches emerge there.)

I see this guy, with hands almost as huge as in the picture. Minus the foreshortening that I am practicing immediately. Learner. Hence the screw up. The hand looks like five eerie blue worms hanging from the beads. But, you know, I'm trying. Will fix that. Perspectives add a lot of mood to sketches.

His ethnicity held my eye. I gazed for a minute. Wasn't in a mood to sketch him then and there. Had a kind of an emotional brawl prior to that. So, I came back home and finished the process. That raises the chances of you never finding a similar looking person on this planet.

But I was true to the drapery that clothed him. The beads and the turban. It needs guts to pull off a dress like that in public. You are the centre of attraction. And he seemed to be a jolly good man. Cheerful and all. You know, the type who can talk to anybody. Surely inspired me.

People should dressup like him more often. Not in this blazing heat maybe. But, it'd be good to see such colors around.

O! And this is my first sketch on this blog. Cheers to that! C u later!


Comments

Popular Posts