Modus Operandi.



Modus Operandi...okay so how did this idea come forth? Why did I make this?

Well, the other day I went to play football with my college friends. You know, vacation is on, and we all thought it's a really great idea to play football under this weather. It's raining and is relieving. So the day before the match, Rajlaxmi mentioned about my blog to another college friend, Bobby, urf Saswata Mukherjee. She probably mentioned me mentioning Raj's name on Dormancy's bit. So, Raj told me that she had you know mentioned about the blog to Bobby. So later that evening when Bobby called me about when the next day's match would start at, I asked him if he had read my blog. He said he was reading it. I was excited.

Next day after the match I asked Bobby how he liked my blog. The other day he mentioned that he'd write a comment if he had anything to say. But none got posted. So, I asked him in person, again. he said, he liked it, but the writing style can be improved. That's when I explained him why I wrote like this:

I write like this because I talk like this nowadays. In real life, like a friend of mine (Devarchan Banerjee) had mentioned on the day REGRET was screened at Mohit's, real life conversations are different than how it generally appears to be in films, soaps, novels, etc. You see what I mean, right? All those pauses between words and sentences, and like Devarchan said the 'you knows' and all, all these add up to the real life conversations. I mean in real life we make mistakes. And then we correct them. As we speak. I never used to follow this before. I wanted my sentences polished and dust-free. So i thought a lot before I spoke. And like was illustrated by Tomas, the inspirational TED Talks guy, as we think, as I thought I wasn't speaking. To the one I was having the conversation with, to that person I seemed lost and blank. I was indeed lost in my thoughts, correcting my sentences, each word each detail to make it as perfect as possible. So I stuttered. 'Coz I was anxious. I was making things up. Now that's not real life. Real life is where you say a wrong thing impulsively, and then you correct it, be it grammatically, emotionally, psychologically, or whatever. That's how we talk. And you can't differ. I'm damn sure one can't. So that's how I choose to present myself now. That's why i write in this style. Now there are certain typos that come into being as I type, as I type really fast nowadays. I try to be as spontaneous, and honest with what I say and write, as possible. So that needs me to type fast. Real fast. And fast typing gives way to errors. Now I do correct them. I do use the SPELL CHECK option. But that's because I want what I write to be intelligible. Understandable. I can check on the gibberish formed by a ythe and correct it to 'the'. That helps to convey my thought. That makes the process easier. But on the other hand if you say to be perfectly comprehensible, I should think and take my time and then speak, sorry, that's not me. That's not how I operate. That's not my Modus Operandi. I like to talk this way. Write this way. Because this way I feel honest. I feel I can communicate my feelings better. The day I got this superpower to express myself freely, you know the day I was helped by Rajlaxmi and Tomas Jech. The day I stopped stuttering and started speaking freely, that day I was explaining this to one of my really close friends, Soumya Das. I told him the need to emote. The need to express what you feel. Because that conveys your ideas and thoughts and the traits of your real-being much more than anything else. And I believe that sharing is the only purpose of life. Sharing thoughts, emotions, tiffin in the canteen, all this is what we were made for. We are supposed to live together and for that we need to communicate. 'Coz that's the purpose of life. Communication. Sharing. For that you gotta be true about your feelings, your emotions and express them to others. Don't feel silly about it. It's always great, and in the longer run that decreases the chances of you being misunderstood.

Okay. Break.

God. So many typos. Gotta correct 'em all. Haha. pokemon style.

Okay. So all those thoughts up there^ was the reason I thought I should write/make this post for. To put them on the table. In front of you all. I want to be clear. I was inspired, i must say, you know to take up this style of writing after reading The Catcher In The Rye (J.D.Salinger). Haven't finished the book yet. But I was really enjoying it. I will be resuming the read soon.

And bdw, I will be trying to learn new words and implement them. But not forcibly. Like I did before. If it falls ion the flow, well and good, otherwise I can very much do without the use of fancy words. Because I got to convey my ideas. not the words. You can always read the dictionary for that.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Now a description for the image.

The idea: Well, I thought of replacing my head with a typewriter. Because that's how I speak. just like a typewriter types. If I make a mistake I can amend it only by the following words. I cannot hit the backspace key while i speak. Just like a typewriter. But even by following that procedure I can express my idea. Just like even by not having a backspace key a typewriter can write stories. like it has for so many years now. Real life conversations is like typing on a typewriter. Not like on a PC, like I'm doing now.

That is why I put a typewriter in place of my head. The head is the storehouse of ideas! Now what are ideas if they are not communicated! Now one communicates that by talking, or using some form of medium. The most apt one, it seemed to me was a typewriter.

Now the nudity. I was inspired by Tsohil Bhatia's work. You should watch them. Amazing stuff. Even the style is somewhat inspired. I went nude, because I thought that it is the closest to purity I could get. Not adulterated. Not hidden. That's what I'm trying to be. Honest. While I'm talking. While I'm communicating. That's why the nudity.

Now why the sheet of paper hiding my crotch? Because in real life there are a few things that we have to hide. Secrets. Because in them lies the respect and dignity of many people or facts or events or objects who tell us their secrets or somehow we come across them. We hide it...I hide it for the common good. It becomes essential while one socializes. So that's how the hiding of my crotch is analogous to real life conversations or behavioral patterns.

Why am I pointing at you? Because that's how it goes. We are always communicating. With someone, something. Sometimes that can even be ourselves. You know, what they call reflecting. It's always an address. That's why gesture becomes important. Using your body as you speak becomes necessary. So I’m pointing at you.

Text in Green, rest in Black and White? Yes. Because when I was small, a teacher of mine used to tell me, her name was Suparna Mukherjee as far as I can remember. She used to tell us that Green represents youth. You know saplings, are green. Green is life. Trees that maintain life, are mostly green. Trees are where it starts from, the life cycle, the food chain. Sop green is the color of youth. And when you express, you are young. How? Well every new idea that you get is a birth taking place. Just like a baby an idea is born, formed with words and/or feelings just like a baby is formed of cells and tissues and carbon. That is why whenever I talk, whenever most of us talk, we share...we are creating something. Hence the text is green.

And the rest is in B&W so that the text would stand out as unique. Because that's how it is structured. We are all the same. Our ideas, make us unique. They are like our DNA. Our ideas define us. They are the things that are vibrant in our lives. So the color green is used in the text. To emphasize life, youth... expression.

And bdw, the typewriter has been made in Maya. I practiced a bit of Maya thanks to this photomanip. Otherwise I have a thing against the software. :-P

And the text was written spontaneously. Ad-lib. Just like when I speak or write...I do it spontaneously, without much corrections or thoughts propping them. So, to maintain the feel, I thought that writing whatever I felt at that point of time (when I wrote the text) was the most justified line of action.

____________________________________________________________________________________

I was a bit shaky when it came to be nude in front of the camera and using it for a photomanip. But I was able to overcome that as I shared it with my parents and Rajlaxmi. The thought of sharing it with Raj was awkward and I thought I should not do it. But then, I did. because there's no harm in it. I was just sharing what I am. And to my surprise it didn't offend her. Instead she was supportive. And equally surprisingly even my parents were supportive about this once I explained them the idea. This new way of expressing things has really been a big pro for me. I can convince people now. If not, I can at-least get my idea across. And that's all I want. :-)

Comments

  1. i lyk d idea nd d way its represented...wen I first heard of it I was a bit surprised dat u posted sumthng involving self nudity bt aftr seeing d pic nd reading d post i lyk it...nw i'm gonna read ur earlier posts...nd i wud suggest u dn't show dis 2 evry1 in clg coz u knw how ppl r...bt as a whole i think it's gud...btw i'm gonna hv ni8mares 2ni8!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. another thing i don't think u shud explain ur idea so much nd in such detail...it's always btr if d viewer gets 2 find out d meaning 4 demselves...catches interst dat way...nd i personally lyk posts which can communicate wholly wd less words, bt dat's a personal choice, nt evrybody wl hv d sme choice as me...stil i blv it wud b btr 2 decrease d size f d posts nd leave oppurtinites 4 d reader 2 use deir own interpretations 2 sum extent

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really appreciate you dropping a comment here. A feedback is always cherished. :-)

    I know. I tend to be a bit too descriptive. But you know, people are sometimes looking for descriptions. And I think it's fair enough to, you know, transgress your ideas beyond the visual medium. So I think explanations become necessary there. However I equally support artworks that are left to be openly interpreted. And I'm open to consider trying something of the sort if need be.

    Haha. I hope you didn't really have the nightmares. About showing this to others, I should mention that I'm not scared to do that. People will have their comments. Both negative and positive and sometimes even the 'this is gross' type. For them, who feel uncomfortable watching this, I'd ask them to close the page/picture right away. I understand what you tried to imply there because people will have awkward reactions, I'm guessing. But that's the whole purpose of Modus Operandi. Like it or not, it's me. :-)

    Thank you, again. Very few people visit my blog. And I'm really happy that you took your time to read this. Let me know what you feel about the other posts. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frankly, liked it... but again too descriptive.. all the best for future posts..looking forward to it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad that you did. You know, I realized that after reading the post. Next time, I'll try to converge at certain points. That is, reach conclusions faster.

      I'm learning as I write. And I'm just a noob now. Will take your suggestion. And it's really great to hear that you are. Yay! :-D

      Delete
  5. Too communicative eh? It went beyond a narration. Good start :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, like i said, i now consider it to be the one major purpose of my life. To communicate. To talk. To share. To reach out.

      It's a journey. And it feels really good that you consider this a good start. Thank you, V!

      Keep following. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts