Self Portrait.

Bought a new sketchbook yesterday. Was inspired by the assignment given to our seniors...fast sketching assignment. Every week a drawing book has to be completed, otherwise they won't be allowed to enter the class. The rule has been made by Kaustubh Sir. Now, that's an amazing rule.

So yesterday I was asking Rajlaxmi to fast sketch. in the process even I got addicted to it. And on my way back home, I was fast sketching. Fast sketching= sketching a human figure in a minute. Whatever be the posture.

I will now follow the assignment, although I'm a junior (but that shouldn't matter), because this technique really improves one's drawing style. It has given me a flow in the past...however i stopped in between, and now I'll resume working with this technique. On newsprint sketchbooks and finish one sketchbook/week. Oo! Tough, but I shall have to. :)

And this is the cover of my sketchbook. Kaeth. Plus, practice. I screwed up the symmetry. And the age. But, however, can't (and don't want to) change it now. Love the curvy lines tangled up all across the drawing. Hope you like it too! :)

Comments

  1. Ya u did screw up the age but I love the style and the red bg so much that I hardly care for the age

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The picture is somewhat to edgy. That I think increases the age.

      But, yes, the BG was a later addition. An improvisation rather. An idea that struck me suddenly. Even I love the BG.

      Thanks a lot, Sharmistha! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts