Kaushik Da.

How I met him is an amazing story.

So it was one of those weekend trips to Tribeni. My maasi's place. I was in class 7/8 then. We would go there by a train. So on this particular train ride, like always at that time, there was no place to sit. Me, my mother and my father were standing. In a really crowded train. Indian local trains. You know how they are. All packed up. Sweaty. But, I happen to like the smell and feel of it, given that I am carrying good music, films or books along. that evening, I had none. Only a small magazine that I bought and a dumb nokia 1600. It didn't have a friggin FM. Well, the journey was about to get boring. The magazine, as far as I remember didn't interest me much that day.

I was standing. Then, this amazing person asks me to sit in his place. Because he would get down before us. Not in the next station, you know, not the immediately next station. He still had about half an hour's journey left. He was returning from office. Destined for Chuchura. But he gave me his seat. I was small then. And as he puts it, cute as well.

I sat, and I was always social. I love strangers. I striked up a conversation with him. I loved that. Talking to random people on train journeys. I still love it. nowadays I can sketch as well. So communicating gets easier. Whatever. So, I started talking to him, and in the next few minutes we shared a lot about each other. I liked him. I remember, I used top call him uncle. C'mon he sported this thick mustache. Nothing else would fit him. Uncle he was.

We were so engaged in the conversation that neither of us wanted to part. We wanted to talk more. We exchanged phone numbers thus. O that was amazing. I loved storing phone numbers of strangers. And, yes, I still do.

Since then we have been friends. I remember bunking my weekend morning tuition to hang out with him. Because he was so cool. A guide, a friend, a mentor. And no more an uncle. Now, a dada.

this was way back in 2006/7.

We are still in touch. Through Google, orkut and now Facebook, respectively. (I miss the orkut chats with him. O scrap!)

Lately, he has shifted to Chuchura. He now has a family there. Earlier he used to go there on weekends. Now, he stays there. And comes to Kolkata for his job daily.

And, we don't meet much anymore. Hell, he accused me of not staying in touch with him for a long time. I agree. I hadn't. I am not a very big phone/facebook guy. I mean, I can communicate through them, but unless I meet people in person, I rarely stay in touch with them. Hoye othe na, Kaushik Da. Because I constantly make new friends, meet strangers. And oder pechonei shomoy choley jaey.

But then, there are evenings like today, when he decides to meet me. I dragged him to my home today. showed him our animation. Chatted so much. Made him listen to songs that I composed. Talked about things that can normally be talked among friends.

O yes, he is the ideal brother of mine. The one whom I tell everything. EVERY THING. From girlfriend stories to alcohol habits to other what nots. And taht has been the case from the beginning, when I was not so open with people. Even then, I used to share every idea with him. Every incident that'd happen in my life. EVERYTHING.

He is a lovely person. Soft spoken. Kind-hearted. Intelligent. Conscious. And amazing. You get the drift. Basically he is the kind of person in front of whom you can always feel comfortable about anything. And the best part, he is open to new ideas.

Thank you Kaushik Da for making my evening so great. I love you. A lot. Take care. :)

 

Comments

Popular Posts