Dhruva Lal.


So, after having seen Rudderless, 2012, I was very envious of that whole music store thingy. Basically, in the film the protagonist repeatedly goes into a music store where a lot of conversations happen. And he can also play any instrument out there. There was also scope for jamming. So, instantly I was a fan. I had heard of Briganza's before. Infact, I even happened to cross the store more than once. But, today I went in to buy guitar strings after a failed attempt to attach a new set to my guitar. Two strings snapped. -_-

Anyway, I was bewildered. The ambiance there was amazing. Add to that, there was this amazing guy, Dhruva Lal, with whom I spoke almost for an hour maybe. C'mon the conversation was so hearty, I was hardly keeping time. That's an estimate. Probably it was more than that. He is amazing. I must admit, that at the first glance, in the store, of the store and of the guy as well, I was a bit anxious. But that eventually went away. I started talking and found out this amazing character named Dhruva Lal. He is a vocalist plus he plays the guitar. Has his solo band, and is planning to release an album soon. We had a lot of music related dialogues. It was effective. And it will definitely come to my use, as I have started to make music and sing songs as well. 

It was amazing meeting you, Dhruva. I hope we stay in touch. This is the surprise gift. :) Hope you like it!


Comments

  1. I love
    1. the grey tiled background
    2. use of contrasting colour
    3. the use of light and shadow

    I love this new style of yours and I think you should continue this for a while. why don't you make illustrations for all your songs using this style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I observed adding proper light and shadows make illustrations all the more vibrant. This BG pattern is also a part of the collection I spoke about. This one's from the chair I sit on.

      I shall. Now that you ask me to, with every song I'll try to make an illustration pertaining to it, as well. :) Thanks, Sharmistha.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts